Koshi Tappu Wildlife reserve has carved a place for itself as a bird watcher’s paradise.The Koshi Tappu Wildlife reserve is a protected area in the Lowlands of eastern Nepal covering 175 km square of wetlands in the Sunsari, Saptari and Udhayapur District. It comprises extensive mudflats, reed beds and freshwater marshes in the floodplain of the Sapta Koshi River and ranges in the altitude from 75 to 81 meters. The reserve has been recognized as a wetland site from 1987. The vegetation of the reserve is mainly grassland with patches of scrub and deciduous riverine forests.
Some 465 bird species, many of them endangered, have been counted here. Flocks of up to fifty thousand ducks used to be seen in winter and spring, though numbers have been lower in recent years. Most of Nepal’s egrets, storks, ibises, terns and gulls are represented, as are at least five globally threatened species, including the black-necked stork, red-necked falcon, swamp francol in and the impressive lesser adjutant, one of the world’s largest storks.
Other birds are: Water cock, Indian Nightjar, Dusky Eagle owl, Black-headed cockoo shrike, White tailed stone chat, Striated grass bird, Large adjutant strok Pallas’s fish eagle, common golden eye, Bengal Floricans, …… and many more.
In Animals: Wild buffalo, Mugger crocodiles, many species of turtle and fish, a blue bull, wild boar, monkeys, spotted deer, Genetic dolphins and many more.
Day 1: Pick up from Kathmandu and Fly to Biratnagar. Drive to Koshi Tappu Wildlife camp. Short Birding around the site.
Day 2: Full day birding.
Day 3:Full day birding.
Day 4:Full day birding.
Day 5:More birding into the nearby Jungle. Drive to Biratnagar Airport for Kathmandu Flight.
- The List contains 480 species; including residents, migrant sand vagrants.
- Koshi Tappu Wetland has been designed Asia’s finest Bird Watching site.
- More than 514 Plants species, 31 mammals’ species.
- 200 species of fish have been recorded,most of which are resident.
- Wetland site from 1987.
- Wildlife Encounter.
- Jungle walking with birding in different Grass land and River.
- Wetlands, Migratory, Lowlands and Residency bird species.
- Home stay in different location as accommodation.
- Ethical culture and Tradition.
- Fresh water Dolphin.
Cost does not include:
- Four nights’ lodge in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve area on Full Package (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) plan.
- Locally fresh fruits will be provided.
- Mineral water for drinking.
- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve map for each of client.
- An experience Nepal’s Government license holder Jungle guide.
- Professional Bird Watching with Jungle Guide.
- Trail porter if necessary to carry the equipment.
- All the food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary,equipments, transportations, local tax for guide and Porter.
- All the entire transportation will be provided during the trips.Kathmandu to Birtanagar and to Kathmandu by Flight.
- Basic first aid kits.
- All necessary paper works for inside and outside birding.
- All government taxes and service charges.
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner in Kathmnadu.
- Your personal Health Insurance and equipments insurance.
- International Flight.
- Visa fee for Nepal.
- All kinds on bar bill.
- Personal entertainment, shopping, laundry, communication expenses etc.
- Personal birding-tours equipments.
- Tipping for staff and driver.